Health, Safety & Training
At CDC, adherence to the highest health and safety standards is a given. Moreover, as a company, we take active steps to keep our training up-to-date with the latest guidelines. We also invest heavily to reduce the impact of our activity on the environment in which we work.
The potentially high risk nature of our industry means that the management of health and safety is at the very heart of CDC’s philosophy.
CDC has one of the industry’s most respected demolition experts on hand. David Clarke, a most eminent member of the TRU7 Board, was former President of National Federation of Demolition Contractors and Chairman of the NDTG.
All of our sites are monitored daily for health and safety performance by the supervisors; weekly by our managers; and regular external health and safety audits are undertaken by our health and safety consultants.
We carry out detailed health and safety documentation and risk assessments. With our professional management and supervision on site, results in our industry-leading low incident rate.
CDC’s Demolition Director, David Clarke, spearheaded the implementation of an Accredited Site Audit Scheme (ASAS) for all member companies while President of the National Federation of Demolition Contractors (2005-7).
While Chairman of the National Demolition Training Group (NDTG), David led the group to become a fully independent training forum for the whole of the UK demolition industry in September 2007. The Group receives financial backing from Construction Skills and is now the leading body for NVQ achievements throughout the United Kingdom demolition industry.
WORKFORCE HEALTH & SAFETY
The general health and safety of our workforce is extremely important and CDC has implemented an Occupational Health Screening and Surveillance Programme for all employees to ensure our workforce remains fit and healthy to complete their daily tasks.
A trained, certificated and motivated workforce is vital to satisfy the demands and expectations of our clients and industry regulators. Accordingly, CDC invests significant resources in staff training and development.
A fundamental part of our training policy is to review training regularly and, as part of this review, an annual training plan is developed to identify the areas and opportunities for continual staff development and improvement.
- All training is Construction Skills (CITB) approved and satisfies the NDTG, CSCS and CPCS Bodies
- We are members of the National Demolition Training Group
- Our employees are trained to CCDO level (Certificate of Competence for Demolition Operatives)
- All of our Site Supervisors are NDTG trained and certificated Demolition Supervisors
- CPCS certification in High Reach Demolition Plant Operations for relevant operators
- All demolition operatives have also undertaken Cat 2 Asbestos Removal training, as the basic Awareness courses are not sufficient for non-licensable asbestos removal operations.