Quantity Surveyor – Clarke Demolition Company Limited
About the Tru7 Group
Headquartered in Kesgrave, near Ipswich, Suffolk, the Tru7 Group is a diversified construction business with national coverage, working across sectors including earthmoving, plant hire, concrete, equipment sales, recycling, aggregates and demolition. Family owned, with strong values and a commitment to excellent service, the business continues to grow at pace. Our established and industry-leading demolition division is growing strongly across a broad range of technically difficult projects, from high-rise city centre projects involving adjoining properties to motorway or rail bridges requiring road/rail closures and extensive infrastructure protection measures. We employ over 250 people.
Who we are looking for:
Our people are our most valued assets. We are seeking a qualified and experienced QS to drive the development and profitability of our demolition division, reporting to the Commercial Director. It is intended that the role will offer the opportunity for career progression as your experience grows with the group.
You will provide competent and professional commercial support and lead the further development of our demolition division.
Your duties will include all elements of quantity surveying involved with the whole project lifecycle – feasibility, estimating, procurement and post-contract delivery; more specifically but not limited to the following:
- Understand, produce, and evaluate tender packages.
- Measure, prepare and agree the valuation process from interim to final accounts.
- Drive value, maximise margins and manage costs.
- Prepare and agree monthly progress reports and CVRs.
- Change management – identifying and capitalising on variations.
- Contract administration – all forms of Contract including NEC and JCT.
- Support, advise and develop the site teams and improve processes as required.
- Sub-contractor and supplier procurement and management.
- Monitor and manage client payments in conjunction with the credit control/ accounts team.
- Act professionally and with integrity always, promoting the best interests of the business and our clients.
- Degree qualified in quantity surveying or other relevant degree.
- Ideally working towards professional membership.
- Strong measurement experience and capability across all elements of schemes and able to produce bills of quantities.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a relevant commercial role.
- Knowledge of the tendering process.
- Knowledge of the various forms of contract used across the industry.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a larger team.
- Proficiency with MS Office.
- Experience in negotiating with clients and winning work.
This is an important role in the organisation. We will offer a competitive salary and benefits which are open to discussion, including a budget for continuing professional development.
We are supportive of flexible working arrangements; however, applicants should be aware that success in the role will require a regular physical presence at our headquarters in Kesgrave, Ipswich.
To apply for this role please send a copy of your CV to [email protected]
The tru7 Group provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. All offers are subject to applicable background and qualification checks.